I thought I'd officially announce on here that I've made it home. I've been in Tampa spending time with family and friends for a couple of days now.
I feel a little out of it, a little empty. I don't quite know what to do with myself, and I'm finding that I don't really have an answer when people ask me what my favorite thing about Brazil was. It was like I had a different life for 3 months, another existence that was all around different. There were things that I liked and things that I didn't like, but they were all interwoven, and people think I'm being vague when I just answer "The people." Fortunately, I think the remedy for my whatever-this-is is on the way. Tomorrow I'm headed back to Tallahassee, where I can settle in to what will be my home and my life for the next year. My roommate Hannah has already set aside a couple days for us to clean and organize our space and "process" together the experiences of our last few months. I think this will be REALLY good and will give me a big dose of mental clarity!
Thank you everyone who has checked in and supported me in my other life this summer! I really loved keeping this blog and received requests from my family to keep doing it so they could actually know what's going on in my life! I don't know if I will keep at it or set it aside until my next international journey. We'll see...
Love,
Claire
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment